View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 09:18 AM
Banned

lots of noise with .243...when i switched from it to a .204 ruger...the difference in noise astounded me...sure lots of muzzle blast from the .204 but the down range noise is pretty much nil after 100 yrds....or so a buddy who stood off the side of an impromptu range said....and confirmed by calling coyotes to a couple hundred yrds and missed the lead dog...then 2 minutes later at 300 another is coming in like he heard nothing....and one i did a hail mary on before i had a decent enough range finder and learned the gun to that range....landed at his feet (approx. 600 yrds) and he just hopped up, looked down...and walked away....didn't hear a thing.....

never had things like that happen with a .243 or bigger....never

sounds like you need a couple guns imo, one for coyotes and one for deer but the .243 tikka will do the job too...mine was super accurate and it cycles fast for a hot stand due to the super slick action...and you can get a 5 round mag for it...so with one up the tube equals 6 shots....some stands you need every one of them too

tikka .243 is a great combo gun imo...plus the camo stainless version will fit right in for the coyote calling...might be too perfect for your application actually

good luck with your choice