View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterninja View Post
I agree that a lot of people would not be able to pay upfront for draws they might be awarded, esp. if you get 1 or 2 that you were not expecting (but hopeing) to get.
I know that I stagger buying my licences and tags as the season progresses.
I'm glad that some of you guys are not in charge of home buying, or even new truck buying. "Can't afford to pay in full upfront? You obviously can't afford it".
Something else to consider is that a lot of draws are for seasons that could be months away. If something were to occur in a persons life that would prevent him from hunting that draw, then not only is he out his priorty points, but also the money he paid up front.
The point of paying for the tag upfront is that people would plan better...enter the draw for $3 and then you get picked but can't go, you are on the hook for $3 and the opportunity is gone. Consider you have to pay upfront, you will consider more what is realistic for you to pursue. Plan better and go after the draws you have the best chance at and 999 the others.

The whole idea is if you get drawn you go on the hunt right?

Lots of tags are wasted thus the opportunity is not available to others....some of the Wainwright deer tags have less than 50% participation! Thats a real shame when you have guys who would gladly go if they were drawn.

LC