View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 04:19 PM
Banned

Default sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky660 View Post
So you think that it's alright to regulate vehicles that pollute more, but you then don't agree with a bylaw that will obviously reduce emissions??
I thought the absurdity of my statement would be obvious to all. My mistake. I was merely pointing out a) the unfairness of treating all vehicles the same, and b) where this will lead in terms of slapping taxes and fines on anything that moves. Those that doubt statement b) need look no further than where income tax started in the early 1900's and where it is now.

The one benefit of this by-law is that it really underlines the fact that there are a bunch of intellectually deficient people running this city. IF they were really concerned about vehicle emissions they would have had 3 lanes on the Anthony Henday and they would have put in overpasses while they were building it. The extra emissions that are expelled by people stuck in traffic in this city by far out weigh the paltry amount that would be saved by making me start driving my cold diesel after only 3 minutes of idling. How about a $1 surcharge at drive-thru windows?

This by-law is nothing more than a feel-good measure put up by a bunch of morons who want something to wave around so they can say "Hey look at us! We care about stuff! and now that we have our foot in the door what else ya got in your wallet??"