View Single Post
Old 10-08-2014, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit Snarer View Post
If trapping was an important source of income for most people as it was in my day the allocation of rights to the most deserving was more acceptable and kept many families with clothes on their back. Trapping is a recreation today and I think thats good, because it means people are much better off. Because it is recreational and wildlife does belong to all Albertans I think it should be available to everyone not just a few with the rich taking precedence over all others.

This opinion is not trolling and is not brought forward to annoy people. I have believed for years the government has been extremely lax in managing traplines.
That is your clearest and most concise thought you have had on this thread. I agree with you on the principle of animals (including class a furberers) belonging to all ALBERTANS. Unfortunately if trapping and trap lines were managed like the resident hunting system we would have major problems. The opportunity exists for anyone with an interest in trapping to get a resident license or network their way into a partnership. This part of the system works. What is broken about the system is the lack of accountability when it comes to maintaining trapping on a RFMA. Some type of reasonable effort should be mandatory on all registered lines. The crown retains the right to choose not to renew a RFMA permit and in my opinion should exercise this right when a misuse situations are evident.