View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleJ View Post
Only tried Varget because Chargemaster hopper was full of it. Used in a recently acquired Rem M7 carbine with a Leupold M8 6X. The rifle is extremely light and barrel is thin. Five-shot 100 yard groups were from .600" to .700". Very happy with the accuracy of this combo. Hodgdon's load data shows CEF 223 and Varget producing the most velocity in the 50/53/55 gr bullets in 222 Rem. Didn't you at one time put that shat (Varget) on everything?
LMAO. yeah cat kinda beat me to that punchline a while ago,i love varget. made me happy when a pound of it was in my stocking at xmas time.

copy that on the 50 gr tnt/speer bullets too. ill give them a whirl after the varget.

i think part of my problem is too, my 222 is a thin barrell and light rifle instead of my usual heavy/varmint stuff. just trying to get it ...you know 1/2 or less than 1/2 moa at 100. guess its harder with sporter barrelss

maybe ill try the rl 7 down the road.

ok another quick question. i just ordered a redding bushing neck die for .245" plus a full length die from sinclair and on the email/shipping reciept they have it marked as a full length sizer die redding 222 rem MAGNUM........ is it going to work fine on a regular 222 REM ???? thanx