Thread: problems today
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 06:34 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowtown guy View Post
I was able to strip the bolt without tools. I found a video on youtube and it is ingenious! You should check it out. The dude uses his boot. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDy2GrIx6p8
Well I stripped it apart and the pin and spring had some crud on it. I started to use Brakekleen but I ran out. I swabbed it all dry and continued to clean with Powder Blast. When I was spraying out the shroud there was a bunch of small metal particles and the spray wasn't clear it seemed dirty. Dried it all off and coated with Remington Dri-lube. Reassembled and when I dry fired it a few times it actually worked! I was a little worried there for a moment or two. Now I have to get back out to the range and see if it all works. Unfortunately it is an hour there and back possibly for nothing.
If this doesn't work I will have to assume that it is the primers. If so, then what do I do with all the brass that I have primed? I have about 120 cases that are ready to be charged.

Thanks for all the ideas here guys. This is why I keep coming back to the site.
Pop a primer in the rifle you only get a small bang.Treat it like a BB gun and point it a safe direction.