View Single Post
Old 09-18-2020, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck0039 View Post
Same thing happened to my Wife and I . Booked in Dec 2019 a trip to Vegas in April 2020. Covid hit and the Airline send me an email that they cancelled the flight due to covid. I argued with them for almost 2 months because I felt that they should be giving full refunds instead of travel vouchers because the airline cancelled the flight.

I finally got a hold of my credit card company and filed a claim against the airline. I produced all the documentation that the Airline was the one who cancelled the flights and 1 month after I filed the fraud claim, my credit card company got me a full refund. Had I cancelled my flights due to covid the airline would be within their right to issue vouchers, but because I waited until the Airline cancelled the flight I got a refund, through my credit card company.

Spot on. If you want cash instead of the 2 year credit, this is the way to do it. Also check to see if your credit card has automatic trip cancellation and or trip interruption insurance that is in place if you charged the costs to the credit card.. Avion, TD Aeroplan etc have about 1500 bucks, some as much as $5,000 to cover lost hotel or rental payments or Airline tickets.