Thread: Hunting spots
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2019, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers8420 View Post
I am new to hunting and want to teach my boys. I am not asking for anybody's good spots, just how to go about choosing a good spot. How to identify public access lands and what traits make a good spot. Any information would be helpful. Thanks
Wherever a ridge and an edge meet, or exist in close proximity, one will very often find good populations of game. Its not an "x marks the spot" type deal, you need to explore a few square kilometers, look at the sign, and figure things out from there. But this will give you a starting point with a high degree of probability that you will find a good chunk of bush to hunt.

Using this method, exploring the game trails, and figuring out how the animals are behaving when they are not out in the open (so pretty much the majority of their lives during shooting light), I have never really had to share real estate with other hunters, or worry about their efforts interfering with mine.

Its not the popular way to do things these days, but If you don't mind taking the time to learn it is definitely rewarding.

Last edited by Bushleague; 08-17-2019 at 04:15 PM.