View Single Post
Old 03-23-2018, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony5 View Post
Not sure about this method of madness. I usually fish Racehorse, Dutch, Oldman and Livingstone rivers and a 25 fish day is a slow day in 3-4 hrs of fishing just one river. Is it that a person can't catch a fish every cast is why there may be closures? Catching 50-60 fish a day on the right stretch of river is not hard, some stretches hold fish better than others. Yes these rivers are busy with people fishing and I will follow some that catch zero fish and I will catch 4 or 5 in the same stretch. Is it the river or the people fishing them that say there are no fish? I'm not sure of the correct answer for people that make the rules for fishing, but maybe go back to the old days when 2 of these rivers were closed one year and 2 open and vise versa the next year, used to work okay. Total closures will gain nadda.

Just catching up on some fishing threads and wanted to add my own observation in regards to some of this post.

I fish the same waters 20-30 days a summer and the waters fish very easy but some of that is a problem as the amount of fish I catch that have be foul hooked or have broken off flies and lines on them is higher than any body of water I have ever fished including stocked ponds. The pressure does cause some harm.

I don’t believe anyone is saying there are no fish either. I know a large portion of the concern is the bull population and the lack of redds over the last dozen or so years being counted. Being friends with some CO’s they have had a hard time policing the majority of Southern AB for a long time and with people continually keeping bulls on these waters hey are hoping for some lengthy closures. They can prove that closing the waters for multiple years is good for the population through counts.

As selfish as it would be for me to not want to see waters I enjoy closed, I know it would be for the better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk