View Single Post
Old 09-22-2018, 10:26 AM

My brother had just bought a Rem 7mm mag and asked if I wanted to try it out. Hands me the rifle all loaded up and I head down to corral where he told me that the target was set up a 100 yards out. Line up and pull the trigger and that’s when the world went all funny. There was a blast of hot something that hit me in the face. Stood there fo a minute trying to get the proverbial kaka together, my eyeglasses right lens was almost totally black, left one not so much and the right side of my face was hot. I’m thinking what just happened?
Took my glasses off and wiped my eye to get some of the crap out and that was when I noticed all the blood on my hand. All the cartridges got kicked out when the magazine popped open,so I picked them up and went back to the house.
When walked in my two brothers looked at me and asked what the hell happened to me. I told my bro that his rifle didn’t like me much when I handed it back to him.
He tried to open the bolt and no way it was opening. Took a stick of firewood that as by the stove and after tapping on it for a bit it opens and out pops a case that was split and tore up bad.
On closer examination we found that it had been loaded with .270 ammo.
They picked the unburnt powder out of my face and off to town I go for new glasses.
To this day I
Always wear glasses. I feel they saved my eyes that day.
Check the ammo to make sure it’s right.
Refuse to shoot a left hand rifle.