Thread: Copper queen
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2021, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackburbot View Post
Whats "opening up" mean? 1" group, 3" group 10" group? What time frame are you shooting in? 1min between shots, 10secs, 3min? Jamming another round in quickly because the last on diddnt go in the right hole seldom works out for the good. I have quite a few benchmark barrels, all of them shoot fairly well. Usually clean them after most range days which typically is 50-80 shots, same with bartlein or rock creek or McGowan. Use wipe out as my primary cleaner, most will have copper streaks visible in them, rarely will see it affecting my results and striving for 0.5-0.75 MOA to 880yards.

I know when I lose confidence in a rifle on how it shoots or how it feels in my hand, I let it sit in the safe and pick up something else to play with. If my shooting with that one sucks too I go fishing for a week to clear my head.

You only have 50 rounds down it, so maybe 3 or 4 range sessions, is the load holding up? I hate to say it because Im only a half believer in the numbers from a chronograph, but are these changing between shots.

Contact Gary, he is a good source of help
so I shoot my three shot string over the course of say five minutes taking my time . After that string is done I’m letting barrel cool down to warm as it does see temp come up fairly quickly in 257 as you probably know. When I say it “ opens up “ I go from .75 moa to 2 inch groups and it only gets worse.