View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 11:04 PM

I was told with archery, that the window from 7-15 seconds is the best, after that the pulse goes up from holding at full draw. That also seems to apply with shooting offhand, about the same time to settle in and steady the sight somewhat. I always noticed my offhand aim worked in a figure eight with the scope between 12-20 power, and the time frame was pretty similar to archery, and that was with a 15lb gun. For bench I always relaxed my trigger hand, barely rested the gun against the shoulder, and tried as hard as I could to get that the same every time. The rifle has to recoil straight back, no influence from the bags at all, all they have to do is hold it up, no side pressure or twisting of the gunstock during recoil. Crosshairs should be centered on the target with the gun just sitting there, no change when you grip it, lightly. My Bee stock looks bit funky, but it recoils straight and easily in the bags, the rear sits and doesn't want to slide back like straight tapers such as hunting guns and english grips. It works for me anyway. Get rid of your non-flush sling swivels while using the bags too.