View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 05:24 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikanit View Post
Hi,
Once again I got the primitive hunt draw for which I cannot use my crossbow, which I find quite annoying. A crossbow is a very primitive weapon, and a flintlock buddy of mine has said that crossbow locks have been found in China dating from 650 BC.

I have the permit, and it's only a tad faster than my husband's new Hoyt bow. I now have to go out and buy a muzzle loader that I may use maybe 2 times in my life, whereas I use my crossbow a lot more, both in bow and rifle season.

Why is it not considered a primitive weapon? Not looking for the usual smart4$$ comments. Guys are allowed to bring bows, flintlocks, and muzzle loaders which are a lot less primitive than my little crossbow...sigh...

I may want to talk to the government about why it isn't considered a primitive weapon, I mean c'mon now. Do they think Wainwright will be overun with crossbow users? I highly doubt it, there are so few of us disabled hunters that have this permit to begin with
The same as a crossbow is not allowed in archery season or bow only areas but it is another form of archery.....don't wrap your head around the bs just get out and enjoy the hunt!

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...