View Single Post
Old 03-30-2020, 07:10 PM

After driving since 1985 I finally hit my first deer last summer, which seemed to be a pretty good run without hitting a critter by my estimation. There's a couple of funny parts to this one though.

I was on highway 22 at 10:20 pm when a buck came into view and halted pretty much just over the centre line, crossing from my left to my right. I hit the binders and veered slightly, but I sure wasn't going to take the ditch and make things worse. I hit the critter on my drivers side corner probably doing something like 70 to 80 km/h, I could see it spinning in my side view mirror. I pulled over and ran back planning to dispatch it, but I was rendered a bit dumbfounded when the thing managed to stagger up and run away. I was quite confident it wouldn't be making it through the night based on the blood on my vehicle as well as the road, and simply the hit it took.

It was amusing as the funny 'accident report' that I have included had crossed my internet feed earlier that same week, and with the exception of the direction the deer was facing, it was also accurate being that I drive a Mercedes.

This photo shows that I literally knocked the turd out of Bambi when he spun and left a 'Hershey's kiss' just behind my door:

Here's the funny part when you see exactly who killed Bambi :