View Single Post
Old 03-30-2020, 02:40 PM

I have come awfully close many times, but never hit anything bigger than a coyote. Knock on wood.

The weirdest was on a night drive in Bolivia, coming back from a village near the Brazil border and heading to Pilon.....the roads have no lines, or markers, it's dark and I'm passing a guy in a pickup who was going slow. Just as I'm overtaking his brakelights light up and without a thought I swerved to the far left should while passing. Narrowly missed hitting a damn big armadillo. I have no idea what that would have done to the Tacoma, but I'm guessing it would have been bad. And then a few miles later I almost hit some Mennonite kid on a bike, all dressed in black, at night, hogging the shoulder on my side. I think my mirror might have brushed him. Apparently reflective wear is a sin for them, too flashy? I about crapped my drawers on that one. I love driving in South America.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone