View Single Post
Old 03-30-2020, 01:55 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
That reminded me of the time I hit a Cow just north of Gibbons on Highway 28 near where the golf course is today. There was a pasture there at the time and the fence was in poor repair. I came down the hill and let the KW roll black as the inside of a cow out. All of a sudden there was a black cow on the zipper line facing away, boom and off comes the left fender. Kept it on that narrow road. Had one head light a bent bumper and no right fender. Made it to the four lane just south of where I hit the milk machine. No cell phones 10:00 at night. Truck behind me drove into the city and called the cops who came out, he also had a tow truck sent out. While this was all taking place another truck takes out another cow going north near where I hit mine going south. RCMP were not impressed, got a hold of the landowner and had him come out to see why his cows were crossing the highway. They were crossing because they could. I can't believe I forgot about this...

BW
I was coming up a rise on a grid road and seen cows in the ditch on one side and then out of the other ditch a lone cow bolted over to join its buddies...45mph to a dead stop...over the bars and slid down the grid road on my back pack....got home as the bike still ran....cop was more concerned of the condition of the cow...so I just hung up....cows got out from somewhere?

Went back and cows where all gone....talked to the two farms and no one said it was there's so off I went...steakless

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...