View Single Post
Old 11-19-2014, 08:11 PM

Just saw the perfect example of why Flames are winning, and Oilers aren't. Last night, Giordano outskates and knocks puck off Duck player' stick (can't remember who) on breakaway. Started 4 steps behind, caught up through neutral, and stopped the shot from ever happening.

Tonight, Canuck's are short handed, chip puck past both defense and takes off....BOTH pursuing Oilers D men quit skating by blue line, as they decided they were out of the play, and shooter scores.

So lazy, it was disgusting. So, what if shooter doesn't score, goalie gives up fat rebound? Don't you still have a defensive duty to be there to keep the shooter from getting the second shot? Or are they so whipped that they just expect Scrivens will let the puck in?

I don't think I've ever seen both D men quit so badly before. Way to go....I'm hoping somehow they still beat the Canucks, as that would keep the Flames up on them in the standings.....but what a lousy performance.

Update, they just scored and tied it up. Go Oilers Go.....

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone