View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish along View Post
My younger brother,who was one of my best friends,got into gambling some years ago and ended up going to rehab for gambling. It seemed to everyone that he'd gotten past it,until just a few days ago I got a text from a friend that he'd gone missing and that the police were searching for him,the next text I got, was that they found him,which was the next day. He had driven to a remote spot in the bush and shot himself in the head...unbelievable..So going back to a week or so before this,he'd taken out a bunch of credit cards and maxed them all out in the VLTs.I wonder how many other victims or potential victims are out there,suffering from what must be a debilitating disease.My brother was a good kid he had a good job,he had many friends,we camped, fished and hunted all of our lives. We never once in our lives had any sort of bad feelings toward each other,always positive and always protective..I guess what's really hard to understand is why he didn't say something me,which makes know that he must have been in total anguish, I'm crying now as I'm printing this.The good part is the great memories, his first big fish his first moose hunt all the camping and great conversations,which,no matter what we started talking about always ended up being a fishing or hunting discussion. I put this on here as sort of a memorial to him..May he rest in peace. Thank you AO folks for the great conversations that I can usually find on here, it keeps me well anchored .
My son has a group starting up soon, might be a help to you even if its not you personally. Suicide is never the answer, it only transfers the pain to others. I am truly sorry for your loss.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk