Thread: Sheep Part 3
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 05:45 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishootbambi View Post
yes i agree too many rams are dying young. i for one would like to see more big mature sheep out there and have tossed out an idea or 2 to make it happen. i understand that some guys think a little 150 inch 5 year old is a great trophy. i agree that simply based on the rarity of it happening that it is. yes any legal sheep is a trophy, ive said it many times. thing is i think a 170 inch 9 year old is a better trophy. i think a 12 year old is a better trophy yet, regardless of what it scores. i do get that some guys dont give a funk or a waggle about age or score and think any legal sheep is a trophy. i do get that my opinion is not the only one to consider. in fact considering the other opinions over the past 3 threads, i have changed my stance some as well. i never asked for every zone in the province to be on draw....sure leave some the way they are. even zones on draw could be open to archery guys just like mule deer are in most of the province.
as for my post over in the wolf thread, i still dont see how eliminating wolves period...entirely....will put more mature rams on the hills when hunters are still the number one cause of death for legal rams.
Dale, I sometimes think it's easier to look at more restrictive regulations that would put more older sheep on the mountain when you already have one on the wall. The truth is, most guys don't and I'm not sure we should restrict that opportunity. I'd love more older sheep too but I know way too many guys that are still looking for that one ram.....regardless of age or trophy quality. I personally would hate to see that right taken away from them for no sound management reason.