View Single Post
Old 11-16-2023, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvsask View Post
It really does amaze me that so may "outdoors loving people" actually like single use plastic. Yes, I am fine without any of them simply because I think it's better for our natural world, the love of which is actually what brought me here. They weren't needed for those early settlers we always sing the praises of, or any other hard working, salt of the earth folk before them. Are they less convenient for me? Of course. Are other parts of the world a big problem? Indeed they are but I can only worry about cleaning my house, not my neighbour's. To me, this is kind of an anything to "own the libs" thing to cheer about. As a rural resident I know only, that with all of the roadside trash hunting season strangely brings, I'd rather see paper straws that the rain will take care of over time than plastic chunks I'll find in the carcasses of dead birds I'll find while shed hunting this coming spring. First world problem is an understatement.

I know, I know, that must make me a turd lover.
I'm buying little garbage bags because I can't use grocery bags anymore. The ones I buy are okay in the house but sucks for garbage bags in trucks because no handle to hang them up. Plus i suspect a lot of the public ended up buying tons of the grocery bags they sell you at the grocery store because they forget to bring their bags to the store.
If worried about plastic then ban offshore imports of basically everything we buy now a days that is plastic junk and not worth fixing after it wears out in couple of years. They literary build bulldozers now with plastic on them!
Honestly I don't like big shots from Ottawa telling me anything.