View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckBrat View Post
No mine accomodations, our team may stay at Tunkwa Lake but the prices were very unreasonable last year. If we can get better rates that will be the place, if not we would stay in town at one of the motels or even RV rental?? Flyshop in Logan lake has weird hours so always best to prepare as best as possible but surprises do happen. We tried three different occasions but did not find them open once last year.
I think you'll find the flyshop is no more! Reaction Fly and Tackle in the Lower Mainland suddenly shut their doors and they owned the shop in Logan Lake sooooo.......

I managed Tunkwa Lake Resort until the spring of 2008 and the rates have gone up exponentially since then. Hopefully they don't eventually price themselves out of the market.

For six consecutive years I fished the fundraiser derby at Trojan Pond which was always a good time for a good cause. Unfortunately for me, Todd Oishi started the Loch Style Derby after I had left and I've been meaning to get back but a heavy fishing schedule always gets in the way. This year I'm leaving for the Parklands on June 11th so I will miss it again.

Wish you all the best this year and perhaps I'll see you out there.........eventually!