View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 07:49 AM

Default 14 foot Fishing Machine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etownpaul View Post
Would you fellas recommend the the SSV over the WC for a guy like myself who would be doing a bit of weeknight river fishing (NSR) and on weekends the small to mid size lakes around edmonton? I’m not looking to be a hero and head out when it’s choppy, mostly calm water.

The SSV is about $1200 more new over the WC, is it worth it? I’m looking to keep the boat for at least 10 years, so I’m willing to pay a bit more upfront if it’s worth the money. I’d hate to buy the WC and be wishing I bought the SSV for 10 years lol.

Edit: I’m looking at a 14’ on a trailer. I usually fish with 2 other “ rotund” buddies, so a decent amount of weight in the boat.

The SSV is slightly wider and will have the IPS hull so it pops up a bit quicker. It also has the full width rear splash pan which the WC does not. Walk through seating for the middle seat also makes it easier to move around the boat. You can get a drop in floor for the SSV. Not sure if that’s an option for the WC.

I guess I’’m saying the differences are more than initially meets the eye.

I’’ll be at the Barry Jays booth talking Lunds at the Edmonton Sportsman show if you want to chat more.

Here’’s my 2001 SSV-16 with a 25 hp 4 stroke Yamaha.

YouTube: Harder Outdoors
Instagram: @harderoutdoors
FB: HarderOutdoors