Thread: WMU 936 elk
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2018, 02:11 PM

I did report the older couple.
Late 60's ish...really good shape, both white hair. It was more amusing than anything else. I actually had a pretty friendly conversation with them before they rode ahead and started making all the noise.

Any encounters have never occurred too far from a staging area, and even though I don't wander too far anymore, I've never seen anyone other than hunters way back in there.

You also run into occasional horseback riders, but I tend to stay off their trails, if for no other reason than they are hard to walk on in wet years, but more so because I usually have the dog with me.
Some horses just don't like being surprised by a dog coming out of the bush after he's been chasing a bird.
Considering the terrain, hills, corners, thick bush...2 parties can come upon one another fairly suddenly.

That having been said, it's pretty rare to run into ANYONE in the park period, especially the further out you go. I'm talking 3 encounters in well over 20 seasons of hunting.

On another note, I've run into Officers more in the last 2 years than the last 10. I hope that continues.