View Single Post
Old 05-26-2020, 09:35 AM

My take on the situation. If I was the officer i would definitely have gave you the ticket. Cant take everyones word for it. For all I know you could have put the fish in your vehicle and saved your tags for your next trip. Having the tags on hand is still the outdoorsmans responsibility. If you did not have the tags available you should have put them walleyes back in the water. Law states you have to put tags on as soon as they are harvested. Putting fish in the live well or stringers and waiting till your trip is over is a no no. So this was your first mistake. I remember not receiving my wires for my tags from the fishing hole so i never used my tags. I waited to go back and ask for them. It wasnt a big deal and wasn't ready to take a fine.

If you do try to appeal this case he has all the proof that you broke the law. Not sure if its worth it. Sorry to hear about all your trouble. I hope this is a lesson learned.

Edit: I forget to mention, regardless of the childrens good deed, you still broke the law from the start

YouTube:@huyfishin Fishing Videos!

Respect wildlife

Last edited by HuyFishin; 05-26-2020 at 09:44 AM.