View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJS View Post
It's simple, we are louder if our numbers are greater. Ya some of those things you mention suck but that's just selfishness. The more people doing it the more its accepted. Plain and simple.

I mean, we're talking about the issue of hunting being shut down for good. If you think it's going to end with Grizzly hunting in BC your dead wrong. People like Ryan Kohler, Cabelas, Bass Pro, Jim Shockey, can lobby for our side. It's much easier to shut us down with out the likes of them on our side.

And really...we live in Alberta. If you can't find enough space here for more hunters there's something wrong.
If bumping into droves of people in the field, seeing way less game, being denied access because landowners are just plain sick of so many hunters asking, not getting a draw for 10 years is just plain selfish, and that's what it's going to take to fight the antis? No thanks! That's not my idea of hunting nor a enjoyable experience, I'd rather take my chances with the 'antis', because your alternative is worse. The whole idea of an outdoor experience is the opposite, it's to get away from crowds of people, not go on a hunt with them. You obviously weren't out hunting when you rarely bumped into other hunters, and game was actually plentiful god forbid! The new norm now is if you see a deer or get a bite from a fish, that's a successful day.