View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 10:31 AM

Excellent thread.

Respectfully DJS, we don’t need more people hunting. We’re already in a world of hurt in Alberta (and I imagine elsewhere as well) with longer draw wait times, increased trespassing, decreased permission, more cases of poaching, increased numbers in the fields, people not knowing hunting laws or game identification. I could go on. It’ll only get worse, not better.

Furthermore, I think there’s an argument that hunting was more ‘socially’ acceptable 10 years ago than it is today. Yes, it’s more ‘in your face’ today than 10 years ago….but that doesn’t make it any more socially acceptable.

10 years ago, you could have a respectful and intelligent conversation with a non-hunter about the benefits of hunting….taking a more active role in the meat you provide your family…game management, etc.

Now, many of those same people think we’re all bloodthirsty murderers, nothing more, all because of social media and the few knuckleheads that think it’s cool to post a ‘lead filled’ bear rolling down a mountain….for the entire planet to see, no less.

So….let’s add more people to the mix that are only doing it for the ‘contagious excitement’ displayed on TV and the glory on social media? I don’t think so.