View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elk396 View Post
Why would you want more hunter than there already is? I have nothing to gain from it? Lots to lose, like: Less access to hunting areas because other hunters already have permission, More encounters in the field with other hunters, which usually screws up your hunt, Longer wait times to get draws, less game from over hunting, I could go on all day on this. Sure, Jim Shockey wants to promote hunting, he's an outfitter for gods sake, it's his livelihood, why wouldn't he, Ryan Kohler, Cabelas, Bass Pro, they all want as many hunters in the field as they can possible get out their, that's how thy make their money. But from a hunters perspective, less hunters equals greater opportunities period. I don't want to be bumping into other huntings non-stop in the field, do you? Please enlighten me?
It's simple, we are louder if our numbers are greater. Ya some of those things you mention suck but that's just selfishness. The more people doing it the more its accepted. Plain and simple.

I mean, we're talking about the issue of hunting being shut down for good. If you think it's going to end with Grizzly hunting in BC your dead wrong. People like Ryan Kohler, Cabelas, Bass Pro, Jim Shockey, can lobby for our side. It's much easier to shut us down with out the likes of them on our side.

And really...we live in Alberta. If you can't find enough space here for more hunters there's something wrong.

Last edited by DJS; 01-04-2018 at 10:05 AM.