View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 12:44 AM

I do have one of these Rugers and my experience with my rifle has been that it is heavy, the harmonic stabilizer works, it does throw brass, it functions very reliably, and MOA is entirely possible. When I first tried to work up an accurate load I could not get it to group better than about 3-4 inches no matter what I tried. After many tries and reaching the point where I was ready to get rid of it, I noticed the slide was touching the ear of the large commercial bag I was using for a rest. After adjusting my position to move the slide away from the bag, my next group went into 3/4 of an inch. Since then I have tried a number of loads with most going MOA or better with minor adjustments to the stabilizer. At present I am using up some 36 gr varmint grenades which are going right around 3/4 MOA. Try the fit of the rifle before buying as I found the fit of the thumbhole to be uncomfortable and had to do some stock work before it felt right; not a big job but a job nevertheless. Holding and mounting the rifle will also give you some idea of the weight and whether it is too heavy for what you want. It is a fun rifle to shoot!