View Single Post
Old 06-02-2021, 04:48 PM

Default Camping close to Calgary in the mountains, non fed or prov park

Hello,

Firstly I am new (I know, I know lol) and I did not see anything like a "new members, click here first" apologies If I missed something obvious.

I camp alot, always have. I used to do PLUZ, but I am old, and I just simply don't have the gear for that endeavour right now.

Without getting into any opinions about it, there is that new Conservation Pass for Kananaskis, and I just simply cannot afford that right now. With a camp site being $31/day now, average, plus everything else, I just cannot make that happen. $15/day, $90/year, is surprisingly, or not, a make or break for me. I can hardly afford this as it is, but I REALLY need it.

I mean, I can go camp by Olds, and I will enjoy myself, but I really like being in the mountains.

I was hoping for some recommendations from anybody in the area, of something outside of fed or prov parks, so I can save some cash, because it is necessary right now, as I am sure it is for many.

I know I can look at photos online, but I thought it could not hurt to ask around, get some first hand experiences.

I live in Calgary

Thanks in advance. This looks like a place I should have joined a long time ago. I work in IT, and I somewhat hate the internet. Its a conundrum

Cheers!