View Single Post
Old 11-24-2019, 10:59 AM

Short Update. Scope showed up from Fedex 2 days ago with extra charges of $3.86 GST and $10 from Customs/CP for collecting the $3.86 in GST. Can you say ream job!.Good news is the company that supplies these to Amazon processed a refund to my credit card, no hassle no argument as Amazon is supposed to be all in pricing.

Got a chance to try it out this morning. I am truly impressed with the quality of the image, ease of use. I used it on a Samsung A8 after downloading the app from the Google Playstore. Easy to setup and use, great image quality. It is at least as good as the $800 Hawkeye, easier to use and will fit in a 204 bore, Hawkeye is limited to .224 and bigger.

It also confirmed again that Wipeout Liquid bore cleaner does an excellent job of getting rid of Copper. Not a speck in any of the many guns I checked. Also confirmed that Butch's Bore shine is great on carbon and that Hoppes 9 in the barrel keeps them shiny and nice in storage.

I checked a new 257 Bee, you can easily see how long the leade is but I was very impressed with how well made and smooth the barrel is for a factory barrel. It is as good as many customs.

I also checked a 7 RUM that has about 600 rounds through it. The Bore looks literally new, no sign of firecracking or wear. Very pleased with that considering the speed I am driving the 162 grain bullets at.

Also checked a 7 Rem Mag that has almost 3500 rounds on the barrel. There is a small amount of firecracking and some wear on the lands but for that high a round count it is actually really good. I would bet it easily has another 1500 rounds in it. That is great life out of a factory Rem barrel.

All in, VERY impressed with these scopes. Thanks again for the heads up.