View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 12:46 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks.snow View Post
Anyone have any recommendations on what to use for hooks, bait, etc. out there?
I like to use tube jigs. I bring several different colors. I tie up my own with a stinger hook also for those short biters. I use green and pinks, but I like to have a few different one's like orange or red/purple one's. You just never know what they are going to key in on. Some of the green pink and orange I use glow in the dark materials. I do sell these. You can PM me for details. I'll post a few pics of them. I use these in Spray Lakes and Abraham Lake. But they are also great in Cold Lake. Especially the large 6" one's. The deeper I go the larger I use. Just a good rule of thumb. Besides, I don't want to wait forever to get my hook down to the bottom where the lakers reside. I usually use a piece of smelt and put it onto the stinger hook. As others have said DO NOT USE MINNOWS AT SPRAY. A piece of smelt work just fine there.

The lakers usually seem to be active early in the day or later in the evening. 60 to 80 FOW. However a buddy of mine has gone shallow (20 FOW and shocked me with some nice lakers).

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/attac...1&d=1520966378

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8330.JPG (101.9 KB, 461 views)
File Type: jpg FullSizeRender.jpg (128.8 KB, 460 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8260.JPG (143.1 KB, 461 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8200.JPG (137.1 KB, 458 views)