Thread: Elk tactics
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2020, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post
Haha. You mean the guy whose video I put a link for just above my previous post?

Thanks for the reply, obsessed. I am assuming for them to let their presence known during day hours is the hardest part. I don’t want to make too much racket out there because I want to keep it as a “low pressure” area. I think I will head out and see if I can locate a bull without getting too close and go from there. If none respond, I think I may just leave and go back to my regular “routine”.

Most bugles I hear this year are in the morning or just past legal time, as if they have a clock to know when it’s over. A bull started bugling yesterday as I was packing myself into the vehicle. I pulled the tube back out and got him to close in and chuckle. It’s fun getting them going. But yes, they aren’t as vocal as they were last season at this time of year.

Today would be a good day to put one down: 17 high during the day (probably cooler in the bush) and as low as 2 during the night (probably a bit warmer in town). All other nights are significantly warmer. So it would be nice to let it hang in the shed overnight and then pack it to the freezer tomorrow morning. I may head out today. Will report back if I go.
Lol yup. Sorry didn't look at the poster.
If you think They are bedded in the area get within 200 yds and start the slow play and draw him to you. By the time you start making a huge racket you will have him hooked and be moments away from killing him. I'm assuming by pressure you mean you don't want to draw other hunters to the area. By by using other less known Elk sounds to draw his attention you will be staying on the down low with other hunters

Last edited by obsessed1; 09-21-2020 at 12:50 PM.