View Single Post
Old 02-20-2020, 07:31 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartly View Post
Slowwwwww unfortunately. Earlier in the morning it was so cold the braid was freezing itself to the spools. A few times when I was hole hoping my auger would just spin and not cut. The blades were incased in ice. She was cold. Later in the afternoon it warmed but the wind was still freezing. I ended up going through the tackle box trying different things. Finally got one on a cotton candy coloured tube. Cold or hot’ slow or crazy I always love a day on the lake. Sure beats going to work. If any one comes across a red rod holder in the marina area. My kid forgot it on the ice. Tight lines all
Ya I went out in -31 it was interesting but we drill...drop the electronics...have a looksy....then move....if needed...once we get a place we put up the tent....drill the holes and put the buddy heater in....seal her up and fish...the tent helps a lot -15 and warmer the holes don't freeze up inside but man open her up,to step out and the cold sucks the wind out of ya'

Oh yeah I still work the ol 8" hand auger so warm up pretty quick....I still enjoy that...yup a little crazy but I consider it good for ya

Warmer days ahead though...good luck.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...