View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 05:51 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbornedeerhunter View Post
Yeah OK, are you telling me that you are continually cycling your action repeatedly throughout your hunting day? I take it you eat tag soup every year. Not only do I always have a round in the chamber while hunting, I've spent quite literally thousands of hours over the course of my career carrying a readied weapon over all types of terrain, in all seasons, all types of weather by both day and night and I have never had a negligent discharge. On the contrary, the overwhelming majority of ND's occur when the user standing still, is cycling the action, loading or unloading due to poor trigger discipline and bad drills. To be honest the only ND's I have seen professionally over the last two decades were either inexperienced personnel clearing weapons at unloading bays. ND's happen due to bad drills, end of story.
Yup and many here have spent time on patrol etc but hey the critters I hunt don't shoot back or engage or ambush so as mentioned before place and time to have a round in the spout to safely enjoy hunting.
Now let's put things into perspective, soldier handles his/her weapon daily, weekly at least unless your a REMF, the average civilian wishing to hunt takes the rifle out (or should) prior to the season, cleans, inspects, sights it in or verifies point of impact, then the next O dark thirty season opener grabs thier thermos, growlies,tag, bullets and ol'faithful and off they go....potential to have an incident is greatly increased due to the lack of consistency, exposure to everything involved/surrounding the hunt so to minimize the potential to have an incident why risk drudging through the deer woods with your buddies all ready for an ambush...place and time to go hot...180 typical coming down to the field as you sit overlooking

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...