View Single Post
Old 07-21-2019, 11:54 AM

Problem with this law is they are only going after drinking and driving. They could care less about someone being high behind the wheel. Not testing for that. How about a mandatory blood test as well. Should be able to check your phone as well. Not hooked up to a bluetooth device and in your reach, seize it.

It's very poor legislation, being able to come to your house later on and charge you is not correct. Having to prove your innocence is not what this should be. I'm not for drinking and driving, I've spent more money on cabs some nights than drinks.

They were trying to stop people from using the I was going home defense. What defense lawyers were doing and making a killing off works this way. Jane has 2 drinks after work, co workers make her do a couple of shots before she leaves. She gets pulled over on way to home. Fails first test yellow , taken to station for 2nd and blows over more than first time. Lawyers argue that she was on way home, would have been under limit had not taken so long. Alcohol needs time time absorb before taking effect. There is a formula that they have . Cops took too long before giving second test allowing her to blow over. Many people avoided getting charged because of this. I never agreed with this but it's been going on for many years. New legislation is trying to stop that.

I think they purposely left checking for any other forms of impairment at this time. Baby steps to police state. Only going after drinkers when they are lots of pot smokers driving impaired. I smell way more pot coming from vehicles than ever before it was legal.