View Single Post
Old 07-21-2019, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETOWNCANUCK View Post
As someone pro law enforcement I don’t think this legislation goes far enough.

The problem is not now, nor has it ever been, the fault of police or government when it comes to the idiots who keep getting behind the wheel of a car drunk or otherwise impaired.

Showing me two news articles, whether it’s global or not does not really matter.

People keep throwing around the word rights without understanding what those rights are.

It’s kind of like the Americans flawed understanding of their own 2nd amendment.

I asked you a question and you keep skirting the issue.

In 2019,
With all the knowledge and understanding of what can happen when someone drives impaired or distracted, we still have people who wrongly believe that they are infallible, and keep getting behind that wheel.

So if that is the problem, what is the solution?

And before you answer, keep in mind next week when there has been a tragedy of significant magnitude that saw needless deaths and suffering because some idiot decided he was above everyone else and chose to drink and drive.

Because what will happen is a thread like this will be started and the theme will be that the cops and government doesn’t do enough to prevent things like this from happening.

It’s easier to bash the powers that be, because acknowledging that the problem and answer to the question is a genetic fault within the human species, is too big of a pill to swallow.

People, for as smart as we are, can really be the dumbest species on the planet.

Let me know if you have a news article to substantiate your claims.
Yes our legal system is broken, starting at the top with a PM that was found guilty of several ethics violations, and that tried to obstruct justice, a finance minister involved in illegal trading, another minister that obtained citizenship after her immigration documents were falsified. Then we have the RCMP , who acted illegally in the High River firearms grab. Even the police that were responsible for the wrongful conviction of Donald Marshall and David Milgaard, were never held accountable. Yet , you expect us to willingly give up the right to a trial, when we are accused of crimes? Perhaps you would be more comfortable in a police state, rather than in our country, which is slowly becoming a police state?