View Single Post
Old 06-13-2019, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhad View Post
Dean,
Have you taken a moment to contemplate that some not answering the poll is due to the fact that we have been members of said organizations in the past and it has amounted to ZERO positive change, no blocking of laws, no rescinding of restricted or prohibited status, no more access to the strained gun ranges we have, no fighting bylaws that prevent us from shooting on our own acreages, but they sure do send emails and letters asking for more money.....

Why will it be different this time?

As for government parties, besides rescinding the registry which was a cost savings disguised as a pro-gun move, what makes you think the Conservatives will relax gun laws when they have never done so in the past,

Again, Why will it be different this time?
The conservatives did not JUST eliminate the gun registry. They reversed classification of the CZ-85, they took unilateral re-class out of the hands of the RCMP, they eased the system for getting your authorization to transport, they provided a grace period for expired PALs and a bunch of other changes that made it much easier for gun owners. Time to actually keep up on what is really going on.

With respect to the various Lobby groups I don't have the time or inclination to go through and lay out all of the legal work, legal support etc the various groups have been engaged in. Nor do I think it should be necessary to point out how many of the ranges we all shoot at are the result of hard work and members of Fish and Game or other lobby groups. Again, if you fail to inform yourself it is very easy to just dismiss all activities to support the retention of our ability to keep and use guns.

So tell me, what you are personally doing to affect this since politics and lobby groups don't work, or are you one of those that thinks we are "Terminally screwed", might as well just sit back and take it.