View Single Post
Old 05-28-2019, 01:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
With bill C-71, the rumoured plan to ban AR-15s and all handguns by order in council, how many on here have finally decided to actually join a pro gun lobby group. How many have bought a Conservation Party membership and talked to their MP. I see a ton of complaining but I have not seen a real surge in activity. Without dollars and active opposition the idiots lead by the Liberals are just going to keep chipping away. We need to get "Property Rights" enshrined in the Canadian Constitution or we are going to see this nonsense every time we get a Liberal or NDP government.
Personally I'm going to wait until we see what happens before I decide where to put my support. There's an awful lot of histrionics and rumours going around the past month and I am concerned we as a community are overreacting to some very thin information. Don't get me wrong, I feel the same fear as anyone else on this subject. I'm pretty close to buying an AR-15 that I'm not sure I really want "just in case" but I don't feel very good about it either. Same feeling as when I started hoarding 22lr a few years back despite my best intentions.

What I don't want to see is our lobby groups go the same way the NRA has down south with the rumour and rhetoric taking over. Does anyone else remember in 2015 when they were all upset about ITAR regulations banning the publishing of reloading data? It was absurd and IMO does more to damage our image than it does to help it. We will do serious damage to our cause if we come off looking like a bunch of screaming idiots.

So with that in mind I'm watching the CSSA and CCFR real close to see how they handle this. CCFR is already looking pretty bad IMO, the language they use in their releases is unprofessional and pretty NRA-ish.