View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HW223 View Post
I agree in theory but I’m not sure it plays out in the real world , eg , east/west St. Louis , the guy in 90th place in the two gun ( two days of shooting 100-200 yards , in the wind and rain ) shot a .3596 grand ,I’m not sure someone happy with a 1 moa rifle can relate to it , mean while the guy in 90th is at home trying to figure out what went wrong and how to fix it , All rifles can benifit from br tech but it’s a tough sell.
The internet is a big part of the problem , to many guys with all the answers that never Compete anywhere , like it or not how we find the best way is by competing against others who think they also have the best way, separates the bs from what really works pretty fast , that goes for any discipline
Not everyone wants to get the most from the rifle sometimes minute of gopher is enough
I am convinced that more often than not that most rifles are "minute of gopher" accurate as opposed to "SBR accurate"
Warren Page did an article about actual accuracy requirements and parameters in the late 60's IIRC.
Cat