View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
There was nothing proven in the post you cut and pasted except what the lawyer said in the last paragraph - shooting a restricted firearm on your property in an jnsporov d range COULD land you in court and IF you win it is going to cost you money .
If someone is so sure about it they should go ahead and do it and see where the results gets them and report back
Cat
I was curious more than anything about wording etc. Think we'd all agree, it's not logical or reasonable that you can't target shoot on your own land with a restricted firearm in a location you can legally possess the firearm and safely do so. If you can legally and safely target shoot with non-restricted firearms on your property you should be able to do the same with restricted. That's NOT the case however and while you MAY get away with it, you are taking a big risk.

As far as the lawyers article, I note he also refers to 'regular and structured' target shooting not being allowed unless it is a recognized range. Something to think about it you make a regular habit of practicing at home. Since they aren't defined in the regulation, I suppose we won't know what that means for sure until the precedent is set in case law.