View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttle_monkey1 View Post
I'm not twisting any agenda or taking anything out of context. You're saying an ATC makes one exempt from "the regulations that require restricted firearms to only be legally fired at an approved range". What regulation is that? Section 19?

The one that basically says says a person who has their RPAL may be authorized to transport their firearm for any good and sufficient reason such as:

i) for target practice at an approved range. (Paraphrased).

Section 19 is about being authorized to transport and what criteria need to be met to obtain authorization/approval to transport. So of course target practice at an approved range would be a valid reason for authorization to transport. And you would not be authorized to transport it to your friend's house to plink. But the rural homeowner who has his restricteds licensed to that address who shoots from his house/dwelling in an area where there are no discharge bylaws doesn't require any authorization to transport to do that.

Do you guys honestly not understand that?
An ATT allows you to transport restricted firearms from your home (where your allowed to possess and store them) and transport them to a certified range where it is legal to shoot them, then transport them back home where your allowed to clean, fondle, admire, and store them.....You can wish, hope, pray all you want but you can't legally shoot them there.

I think you don't understand that if you live where bylaws allow for the discharge of firearms in a rural area, you want to shoot from your house and you don't have to transport your gun as it is already there so no authorization to transport is required is true. That doesn't somehow make your residence and back forty an approved range where it is legal to fire restricted weapons.
They give you an ATT so you can take your restricted firearms from where it is legal store them to where it is legal to shoot them.