View Single Post
Old 05-13-2021, 12:27 PM

Default Update: Savage how disappointing!

Well I finally heard back from a Nick White @Savage, well after 45 minutes of trying to explain to the guy which end of the rifle the bullet came out of. I was given the "advice " that I needed to buy Factory Lapua rounds ( which of course Savage would not supply ) and fire them in the rifle BECAUSE that is what they used to test fire the rifle. ( I am still not sure how they ever got a round into the rifle to test fire it ?? ) And that somehow the "neck" on the empty case I was using were somehow causing the issue because it had no projectile in it ?? ( I did load a projectile with Wilson dies after full length sizing, trimming etc. just to be sure and guess what the problem was still there Surprise, surprise, surprise)

Anyhow long story short. I got an email today from Nicholas White and his "Master Gunsmith" in Canada saying all the stuff was just cosmetic and there where no issues with the rifle in their "expert opinion". (I sent a 10 minute video and stills of the raised mountains in the mouth of the chamber which their "Master gunsmith" also reviewed and saw no issues with. LOL)

I finally repaired the issue myself with some careful honing of the chamber, now the rifle feeds and functions as it should.

Sad state of affairs when one must FIX several problems on a new ( flagship ) rifle BEFORE it is able to even fire a single round. Sad indeed!

So needless to say Savage will never see another dime of my money. A good reputation in the firearms industry goes a long ways But one build on inferior workmanship and even poor customer service goes even farther.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.