Thread: Aggressive Dog
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 01:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brass410 View Post
I keep two large dogs here at my repair shop (commercial automotive on trans Canada hwy) the one is definitly aggressive, the other just follows to see whats goin on. They never leave the place except for Vet trips, they have no access to the public, they have all access to the interior of the shop when we lock up at days end. Have they bitten ? absolutely ( GOOD DOG ) some lowlife turd pried the exhust vent off the over head door and reached in ( interior video cam caught the act ) he was still there when the police came, the dog wouldn't let go inside. The officer told me I would need to take dog to vet for
isolation confinement (because of the bite) I questioned this because the dog was doing its job very well in my opinion, his response was that the dog may have picked up something from the would be burgler and I should be concerned for the dog!!!! Would I take these two to a public park ? NO WAY! It would irresponsible for me and be detriment to a good dog otherwise. Accoutability for ones actions should determine pet ownership.
This! Absolutely. Desirable dog behavior in protecting its "turf" is entirely different than desirable dog park behavior. It's up to the owner to understand the difference and act accordingly.