View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntsfurfish View Post
Exactly, many/maybe most others will do also do that, so why get units that you cant expand with?

HDS 5 comes in under his price range, has great features and if he doesnt want side scan, he can connect another HDS and just use one transducer. That elliminates interference between units with separate transducers. If he wants side scan then mapping is available as well-bonus. And if done in the time frame I mentioned he can save an additional $300.00.

Humminbird are good units too. But what I have suggested is an option and something for the OP to think about that was within his budget.
Yes, for sure, I agree, having an ethernet capable unit is a big advantage, which, of course, is 700 series and up on the bird stuff. With all the bells and whistles, you are over a grand no matter who's product you use.

I scrapped the idea of running 3 700 series units on my new rig, I'm going with 3 800 series units instead - more money but way more screen size.

My boat won't look like a control room in a nuclear reactor like your rig Huntsfurish, but it will be pretty full on the dash with 800's up there.

sorry to de-rail, but where did you end up mounting your puck on your set up?

The back of the lund does not have many safe areas to avoid being bumped around.