View Single Post
Old 08-19-2018, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Oatey View Post
Round and round the merry go round.

Yes it uses twin turbo technology to go from 250hp to 365hp (at lesst in my 2015) all at about 6lbs of boost. Its the torque that matters and that is at low rpm. Made for towing exactly what the op wants.
Just think about this, The 3.5 twin turbo and the older dodge 440's have close to the same HP and torque.

My 2013 pulls my buddies 19.5 ft 150 hp crestliner bass style boat with no problem. Can hardly feel it behind. No problem passing other vehicles at all. When the turbos kick in with the trailer 130 to 140 km/hr while passing is no problem at all. With no trailer, 150 to 165 while passing if you put your foot to the floor.

The hitch to trailer height can make a difference on how the trailer pulls. When his boat is on a different height hitch , the boat pulls like a pig. Different vehicles, Ford or GM , the same thing happens. If your trailer pulls hard it might be just as simple as raising or lowering the ball by an inch or two.

I love my ecoboost . thinking about trading it in for newer one, maybe a Raptor Ecoboost. Even more HP and more Torque than the normal one.

Gonna get me a 16" perch.