Thread: Slavia 618
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2019, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
There are probibly a few thousand of these layng in people's basments and garages most of which no longer work.
But I know that in such cases people often forget they have such things plus if they aren't looking in the pertenant buy sell sections they never see the adds.

I've been advertising for old broken down guns for a few years now and haven't made one contact as a result, but in that time I did have three guns given to me, and two of those even worked but needed a lot of TLC.

I have only had one gun given to me that I could not fix. Mostly because it was rust pitted too much. Some rust pits were close to 1/8 inch deep.

Too bad to, it''s a real cool Savage pump shotgun. It was manufactured with a Cutts compensator/variable choke combo on it.

Mechanically it works fine but the butt stock bolt hole was broken off and one side is horribly pitted, including the side of the chamber.

Story has it that a local GOB busted the stock off on his buddies head and then threw it in the bush where it lay for over twenty years. Till a friend of mine found it and brought it to me.

I have three shotguns and and 22 auto that were given to me that I was able to repair. Unfortunately two of those cost more in parts they they are worth.
I also have a sweet little .22 mag lever gun that I fixed, most of it anyway. It works but needs a magazine tube which has been out of stock for the sixteen years I've been looking.

That isn't counting the guns I've fixed for others. And it doesn't count the broken down guns I bought and fixed.

What can I say, I like fixing things! LOL
What model is the 22 mag that needs a mag tube?