View Single Post
Old 10-14-2019, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
You want me to call my friend, a licensed mechanic and explain to him that I need to get specifics regarding a past job that he is in dealings with the labor board for a hunting forum disagreement so you can attempt to pick apart my reply. If I am right, you go 'ok, well there you go'.

Pass

If you owned every shop and this affects your wallet, I understand but taking this so personally does not make sense to me.
Well this hunting forum does let threads happen all the time about the auto repair trade and the majority of it is negative.

I do understand how guys get frustrated with it. I have my frustration with it as well as I believe that there is a small amount of shops that give it a bad reputation. Small shops and dealerships have both taken advantage of over charging.

Your friends times seem really out there. From experience if you get the right jobs there is a chance to maybe double your time. Those jobs don't show up one after the other for extended periods. Lots of jobs I make an extra 5 or 10minutes. That over a day could be an extra couple of hours. I'm moving to do that, I don't take breaks except for lunch. Many days lunch is 30 minutes hoping to get the next job. I have to pay for my tools out of my wage as well, I'm sure there is over $40000 of them.