View Single Post
Old 10-17-2021, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
O1

Good pictures of the punch process. Kind of a neat idea. I keep all my brass in a MTM cases marked for rifle etc. I also record each time I load, as well as trim and FL size that brass on the lid, so accomplishes the same idea. It is interesting just how often you can load the same piece of brass if you don't over work it. I have some 7 Rem Mag that is over 20 and only ever been neck sized, that I still use for target rounds. I have some 22 Hornet that is still going strong after 25, only neck sized, that I load for gopher safaris.

Not sure there is enough room on the head for that many marks. but it would work great for most uses.
Yah I keep my brass in 100rd batches in bins. I always use that batch but I don't always load 100@a time. So keeping track of an entire batch became very difficult. I try to always have 50 rounds loaded available for every rifle...I found keeping track with a pencil was difficult as I have 24 different rifles i load for....I came across the punch idea in an old loading book I read( don't recall the book or author ) but I tried it out a number of years ago and it just seemed to work so I kept it up.