View Single Post
Old 10-16-2021, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
I posted my thoughts on the other thread about my belief that doing all cases one step at a time in batches is my preferred method and reduces the chances of error but I will add one more thing. I know it has become more popular since the advent of Chargemasters to charge one case and seat a bullet in it, but I would never throw powder/weigh powder on the same bench that my press is on. I don't want the vibration of the press messing up the scale/weighing process. Also, by charging and seating you miss the double check step of using a flashlight to confirm all cases filled to same level before seating.
I worked around that by having my scale on a totally separate table anchored to bot wall and concrete floor. My press is on the opposite wall so absolutely no interference. When I throw powder I always look at the height the powder sit in the case and compare to confirm no error with my meter scale...you have valid points about the double and triple checks though...I just hate having a pile of cases open on the bench with charges in them....evening they are in a loading block..