View Single Post
Old 07-26-2020, 09:40 AM
Suspended User

Default Where's the outrage?

Remember when these pretend outdoors people were so upset at the lack of consultation on the Bighorn Park? Boo hoo all over the place. We weren't consulted, we never had a chance on input. Almost 2 decades of research and effort had been done at that point, yet they teared up and got pouty.

Thousands of kilometers of hiking for electroshocking creeks for stats. Over a decade of work done under the PC government that was ignored; all the efforts of the biologists, the accountants, the admin staff, the volunteers, the wildlife officers, and countless others weren't listened to.
That wasn't good enough. Instead the people cried like little kids told no you may not have that candy.
Now the area in question is lined up for future destruction.

The silence is deafening. All the plans to protect land for future generations are being tossed. Hidden plans and emails revealed that they are planning to sell these parks if possible. Slowly the UCP snuck in changes that allow delisting and selling of these properties. A little a year ago, a bit more this spring.

Many complain about the foreign ownership of Canada, yet silence as our MLAs set about letting foreign ownership start to happen to our parks.

They've watched the video telling them that we(UCP) weren't planning on selling crown land. Our Ag Minister bluntly lied about it 2 weeks before it happened The Environment Minister won't answer questions about his lies. There is no response from them except for a "We told you so."

Will you wait for your camping spot to be closed? Are you ready for restrictions on bush camping in order to make Alberta Parks profitable? I hope so, I want you to cry some more.

You who are ignoring these changes, deserve to be made fun of. Not in my backyard attitudes are going to bite you hard. From logging, cattle grazing, to now coal mines.... Do you see the progression?